Offshore Merchant Account Rates
Rates for offshore merchant accounts are determined on a case by case basis. Some of the determining factors include, but are not limited to:
- Location of Sponsor Bank
- Location of Business
- Industry type
- Payment Type (simple sale or recurring)
- Chargeback rate
- Payment Processing History
Rates for high risk merchant accounts are definitely higher than a ‘low risk’ account because, by definition, the additional risk of the account must be compensated. Some important items to note when exploring which offshore merchant account is best for your business include:
- Application Fees: MNBS Payment Solutions does NOT charge any application fees.
- Annual Fees: MNBS Payment Solutions does NOT charge any annual fees for the offshore merchant account
- Incorporation Requirements: Some sponsor banks will require a business to incorporate in the local jurisdiction. However, we know this can be a difficult process and MNBS Payment Solutions assists our clients every step of the way. This is NOT a requirement for all offshore merchant accounts.
- Re-Evaluation: MNBS Payment Solutions provides each client with a re-evaluation period every 6 months. If it is possible to lower the merchant’s rate we will. Our goal is to provide you with all of your payment processing needs for the life of your business. Rate re-evaluations will be based on a case by case basis and some of the determining factors are listed above.
As a rough guideline, high risk offshore payment processing rates range as follows:
- Discount Rate: 2-6%
- Transaction fee: $0.20- $0.40
- Batch Fee: $0.10-$0.30
- Chargeback Fee: $20.00-$45.00
**These rates are a rough estimate and are only to be used as a guide. Please contact MNBS Payment Solutions for an accurate pricing proposal based on your exact business.